Do you know the Search engine has the robots? The robots are not real robots, but they are such kind of robots. They can detect any action on our blog. They are responsible to show our blog on the search engine. this is the custom robots header tags setting article.
This type of robots also called crawlers.
We can properly communicate with these robots by using some predefined tags. By this tag, they detect every action of a blog. That’s what exactly you are going to read in this post.
In the blog, we have to set some setting by which our blog can exactly communicate with crawlers.
How to Set up Custom Robots Header Tags on Blogger?
If you are Blogger user, then this setting is for blogger users. If you are looking for good organic traffic to your blog by which your blog get zenith.
So, I am giving this knowledge to get more visibility on the search engine. Follow the following steps step by step and your blog visibility will increase.
Before starting this tutorial to set up a robot header tag on blogger, you must know what they are? This knowledge is important to get started.
Custom Robots Header Tags and Purpose
In bloggers header tags option we can see the following robots and you have to deal with them. Let’s know about them.
1. all – If you set this tag, crawlers are not bound by any problem. They can easily crawl and index your content.
2. noindex – Some blogs are not for public notice. If you don’t share the URL of your personal blog with anybody, chances are people will come to it from search results. In some cases, you can use noindex tag to prevent search engines from indexing the pages.
3. nofollow – Nofollow and dofollow tags are for outbound links. Dofollow is the default tag for all outbound links. That means the search engines can sneak upon the pages you linked to. If you are not looking search bots to look through your links, the nofollow tag will help you.
4. none – noindex and nofollow both tags show the same features in some condition. The crawlers will not index your pages and also will not go through the links.
5. noarchive – You have observed a cached label with most of the website links on SERPs. It shows the search engine has collected a copy of your site into their server to display in case it goes down. That said, the noarchive tag help to turns off cached version in search pages.
6. nosnippet – The group of the snippet in search results help people to find what is the webpage about. If you want to keep the content visible, you can turn this header tag on.
7. noodp – Open Directory Project or Dmoz is a directory of websites which is man-made. In sometime search engine collects the information from there also. if you want to turn off, you can turn it off this tag.
8. notranslate – If you want to disable the translation on your website/blog? Then by using notranslate tag, you turn off exact purpose.
9. noimageindex – If you give the permission to Google to index the images on your website then people will steal them and use it on their website. To prevent this, you can keep the images deindexed using noimageindex tag.
10. unavailable_after – In Blogger, you get a field right to this tag. So, the webpage will be deindexed after this time.
With the end now we come to the point of this article.
How to Setup Custom Robots Header Tags?
As you know, we are talking about setting up robots tags on blogger. Follow the steps given below to proceed with this.
Step 1: First go to blogger.com and sign in to your account. Select the blog in the list, where you want to modify with header robot tags.
Step 2: Now go to Settings and then go to Search preference. There you can see the settings of more type but you have to go through Custom robots header tags. Click on Edit link situated perfectly in the right of it.
Step 3: In this step, you will see “Yes” and “No” buttons. Obviously, you have to select the button with “Yes”.
Step 4: Now, you can see the set of checkboxes. These checkboxes are exactly those we have discussed before. Now you think this is very complicated one to select checkboxes, but it is not so complicated. You may set them yourself by reading the “Custom Robots Header Tags and Purpose” carefully. I am giving the image of the set of header robot tag. Just follow the same settings display in the image and hit Save changes button.
Note: We can set this up for the homepage, archive pages, and post pages also. Go ahead and set this setting first.
Custom robots header tags are so powerful! Blogger provides a facility of readymade custom robot header tag setup to use them, why may not you go for it?
And, do not select noindex checkbox unless as you about it. Its result will pull your website off from search engine result pages.
If you are going through some problem then inform me by comment action below.